L a S a b i n a
La Sabina is an exploration of contemporary surrealism. Loosely based on the tales of Maria Sabina, a female shaman from the depths of Mexico who exposes the connections between the human and the spiritual worlds. Inspired by Claude Cahun’s constant discourse of multiplicity as well as Remedios Varo’s androgynous quality of oneiric vulnerability, this screendance stands in the intersection of fantasy and reality.
- Directors: Ana Baer Carrillo + Rocio Luna
- Dancer: Rocio Luna
- Costume Design: Ana Baer Carrillo + Rocio Luna
- Original Music: Joaquin Lopez Chas
- Filmed and Edited by Ana Baer Carrillo
- Produced by Baer Productions